Hello Everyone!
I have now been back in Indo for two full weeks and I must say I'm feeling a lot better about the whole thing. I always find it difficult to come back and for at least I week I end up waking up in the morning politely cursing the fact that I'm in Indonesia and not somewhere else... but that has stopped. I am feeling more settled back into my life here and ready to take on whatever challenges will be ahead of me in 2007.
For three days this past week the Grade 11s went on a Spiritual Retreat in the mountains.. It was an incredible time and including lots of crazy games, lots of big talks, lots of bonding and some pretty remarkable spiritual things. The last night was one in which we opened the altar at the front of the room and kids could come forward and just meet with God... it's been a long time since I've felt God's presence like that in a room. I have never seen such broken kids. So now the challenge will be to continue leading and guiding them in their faith, that it won't be a one night thing... so please keep us in your prayers.
Some of you know how deeply unsettled I was with deciding whether or not I wanted to stay on here another year. It was a decision that I was having a horrible time with.. Even though I had signed my contract, I wasn't content with the decision.. yet the thought of breaking it and going somewhere else didn't sit quite right either. Hence the dilemma. Anyway I have been praying about it a lot and have decided that I will stay on here until June 2008.
(Of course if God has something else planned for me.... I'm open to it!)
The main reasons being that I want to see my Grade 11 kids through to graduation, I want to gain more career confidence and I want to leave here on good terms, not sneaky back door ways. So while there are things that drive me absolutely insane about living here, I know and take comfort in the fact that God knows this and that He has His reasons and purposes for keeping me here.. and so I trust and I wait... and I work hard and I pray....
Alright well that is it for now.. just wanted to update you on what is going on in my head/life these days! Would love to hear from you though! (hint hint)
1 comment:
Hi, Jessica! Thanks for adding my blog to your links. I'm working at JIS. Where do you teach? Anyway, hope you always have a great time in Indonesia :)
Post a Comment